This is where we'll meet this time
You will be a VR avatar - but the Zen Temple is real!
Video shot at our last meeting in June
your host in Rec room:
how do i join?
To participate in our private event space, follow these steps:
- We recommend that you start by subscribing to this mailing list to receive a few messages on the background story for our world
- This will let us concentrate on the action when we meet - less talk and more fun :)
- Use the Register button here above to register for the event
- Set up a rec room account on rec.net
- Log in
- Download the software (Steam, Oculus, Playstation, iOS)
- If you are not familiar with Rec Room, log in (best in VR!) and try moving around, jumping etc. in your private Dorm Room ("home page").
- You can also take part as a screen player outside VR
- On the day of the event, log in in good time before starting time
the back story
In this VR experience, you will climb to a tearoom floating in space. There you will shapeshift to a medieval samurai and receive instructions from a tea master, hosting the experience. The concept of the experience is a free visualization of what the samurai and tea master Furuta Oribe may have seen in a dream. Furuta, born in the Mino province where our city, Tajimi, is located, set off on a revolutionary departure from the regular shapes of Chinese pottery. We will meet you in a fantasy world for a tea ceremony where anything can happen. There is warrior like play as well. In our archery room we will try out bow and arrow samurai style and tameshigiri (Sword testing).
Image author: Petr Vodička, Wikipedie English: Petr Vodička, Wikipedia [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]